Sunday, December 23, 2007

Hypomyces Lactifluorum.

I have a hypomyces lactifluorum growing in my garden, otherwise known as a lobster mushroom.

Actually, this shroom is a parasite of other shrooms, sort of like mycological cannibalism, if you will.

It is actually edible and even if the host mushroom is poisonous there is little chance for ill effects for the mushroom eater. I don't know why one would want to eat this mushroom. I can smell it from yards away and it ain't a good smell.

No comments: